Welcome to the Careers site for The Property Insurance Association of Louisiana (PIAL). Here you can find our current job openings, more details on the benefits of working for us, and contact information for our Human Resources department.
MUNICIPAL FIELD REPRESENTATIVE
$36,000 – $50,000 a year
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- US work authorization (Preferred)
Paid time off
Sick time off
Work from home
Full Job Description
The Property Insurance Association of Louisiana is seeking a self-motivated and well-organized individual for evaluating fire departments according to the Fire Suppression Rating Schedule (FSRS) and the Louisiana Addendum to the FSRS in the north Louisiana region. The successful candidate should have a college degree, but in an exceptional circumstance, PIAL is willing to train an otherwise qualified candidate. The successful candidate should also have a good driving record, strong computer skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, an ability to travel within the north Louisiana region and other areas as needed, and a strong attention to detail. The position allows the individual to work from their home. Given the territory, the ideal living location would be in Ruston, LA or Shreveport, LA. PIAL has existed since 1888 and provides excellent benefits and competitive pay, depending upon experience.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB
Perform field inspections of fire department activities and establish a grading to develop a Public Protection Classification of the fire protection capabilities of that area based on the Fire Suppression Rating Schedule (FSRS) and Louisiana Addendum to the FSRS requirements. Insurance carriers who write commercial and residential property lines of coverage in Louisiana depend on these ratings for the purpose of fair insurance rating of the graded areas. Even though the job is heavily involved with examining fire service capabilities, it is not necessary that an individual have previous fire service experience, although it would be helpful. Career histories in the fire service, public works, insurance industry, or auditing could be helpful in this role.
- Fire hydrant testing throughout the graded area
- Witness fire department water shuttle(s)
- Visit fire stations and inventory all apparatus
- Visit Communication Centers and verify how the fire department is notified of an emergency incident
- Visit Water Departments to determine supply capacities and how water gets from the source to the fire hydrants.
- Review fire department records that pertain to the grading process (training, firefighter response to working fires, daily manpower, pump testing, hose testing, aerial ladder testing, fire prevention activities, etc.)
- Entering data associated with field duties into the grading worksheets of each graded area.
- Prepare post grading documentation.
- Meet with fire department and elected officials to answer questions on their current grading and offer suggestions on how to improve.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- All functions are performed accurately on a timely basis with uninterrupted workflow.
- The FSRS and Louisiana Addendum are accurately applied to all graded areas.
- Good business relations are maintained with member companies, agents, fire service, elected officials and others
- Association policies and procedures are followed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND PRIOR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work-related experience.
- Should possess six months experience as field representative trainee.
- Requires regular automobile travel for extended periods.
- Must possess good communication skills, both oral and written.
COMPEXITY/CREATIVITY/ANALYSIS IN KEY AREAS
- Exercise independent judgment and evaluation in Municipal work.
- Apply independent judgment in the interpretation and application of the FSRS and Louisiana Addendum to the FSRS.
- Establish priorities in work assignments.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $36,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Sick time off
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
- 7-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 75% (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
You may mail, fax or e-mail us (Please submit your resume in Microsoft Word format or PDF if sending via e-mail). To apply, please send resume to: [email protected]